Thursday, June 26, 2014

Why I Love My Kindle Paperwhite

I'll start off by admitting that I bought my Kindle Paperwhite on a whim - which is how I make most of my purchases that do not involve food or financial obligations. I already owned the first generation Kindle Fire which displayed my eBooks beautifully, but the glossy screen and LED display were taking a toll on my eyes.

I already work a job where I am looking at a computer screen all day, and then I switch over to a computer screen to type in the evenings (been trying to handwrite things lately to give my eyes a break). So, when I saw that the Paperwhite used a traditional illuminated Kindle screen, I was thrilled.

The only thing that didn't thrill me was navigating my book collection, both while looking for what I wanted to read, and also while reading a volume.

Not any more!

Imagine my surprise when my Paperwhite was automatically updated with the latest software before I even booted it up this past weekend. Not only can I connect my Goodreads account to my Kindle (which I love, by the way) but, I can also see page numbers on all of my books I'm reading and easily navigate multiple bookmarks without fear of losing my current place. Who doesn't like to skip ahead just to see what is coming up? Now I can do that and go back to my place without all the hassle.

The Paperwhite is visually appealing, and I've found myself reading on it more and more. Nothing can replace the feeling of flipping the pages of a book, but now with my revamped Paperwhite, I feel like the digital reading experience has come closer to what I always imagined it could be.

Now, to try out the many fantasy novels I've recently downloaded for my eventual vacation reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment