Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Books Revisited

Today I went to a little used book store called Books Revisited and was amazed at the deals I found.

I'm the type of person who buys the majority of my books used because they are cheaper and I can get a lot more of them. If I don't buy it in my Kindle, it's gotta be used and paperback. So, imagine my surprise when I found two romances that I was looking for, each only fifty cents! I also found a great book about being a novelist that seems very interesting, also fifty cents.

This reminds me that when the price is right, readers are more apt to make a purchase than when the books are full price. Yes, there has been a lot of talk about eBook prices lately, and I'm a supporter of cheaper book prices for digital, no matter how much my boss at the cinema argues that you're paying for the content rather than the physical product, so the price is justified. I'm sorry, but with the budget I have, there is no way that I will pay more than five dollars for a digital book. Maybe if it's a specialty eBook I might make an exception. But, more often than not, I'll pass for a cheaper product.

As I look forward to publishing my first eBook, I need to remember that pricing will be a big attractor to potential readers. After all, if those paperback romances were more expensive at the store earlier, they might still be sitting on the shop shelves instead of my nightstand.


No comments:

Post a Comment