Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Finding Fonts!

If you're like me, you get excited to choose a fancy new font for your book cover. It's essential. You want your title to stand out, and you want it to look unique. The solution is to get a beautiful font that will do all that work for you visually.

I've found most of my fonts on dafont.com. It's a great resource for seeing what's out there. The only catch is that if you're going to use a font for a commercial purpose, like on your eBook cover, then you need to pay something for the license.

I've found that there are also many great fonts on creativemarket.com, which is where I found the font for my upcoming eBook. The artist community on that site is fantastic, and there are weekly promos that offer free goods emailed to you when you sign up for their mailing list. I personally love the independent spirit and was glad to support other artists by purchasing their goods for use in my own artistic endeavors.

If you're looking for a great price range, definitely check out Creative Market. You can get a great deal if you time it just right, and the fonts and Photoshop presets are truly handy to have if you're designing your own cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment