Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Turtle Crossing Signs


I am still deeply concerned about the turtle incident I wrote about earlier, and this concern, I learned, is not singular to me. A colleague posted a link to a Portland Press Herald article that talked about various locations around Maine that have erected Turtle Crossing signs in high traffic areas. Most of the ones mentioned were near state parks and wildlife conservation areas, but still, they are a reality in some locations. I have not seen any in my own town, or even in York County at large, but have sent out an email to the town inquiring about these signs and if they can be put up at the area where I saw the turtle struck by a vehicle. I have no idea if anything will come of this, or if I will get a response, but I will keep everyone posted as things develop!



No comments:

Post a Comment